This page describes how to contact, meet, and onboard interested staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Applicants are asked to submit a form at rebrand.ly/WISEVolSignup (Google Form)
- To be emailed whenever there is a submission, go the form and select 'Get email notifications for new responses'
- Applicants are assigned to a suitable team member
- Email the applicant to arrange a meeting
- If it is an online meeting, you can use WISE's Zoom account (subscription expires July 2021)
Your discussion should cover the following:
- The applicant's interests, motivations and academic/career/life goals
- What WISE does: causes, approaches, activities, team.
- Opportunities with WISE that align with the applicant's interests, motivations and goals
- Internship versus volunteering (if applicable)
- Next steps
Depending on the discussion, the next steps could include:
- Emailing the applicant more information about different opportunities so that they can decide what roles, projects or tasks they want to do
- Obtaining more information e.g. portfolio
- Onboarding the applicant immediately
Onboard the applicant as a WISE Family member by:
- Asking them to create a Confluence account, go to the Learning Centre and complete the 'Onboarding for volunteers" or "Onboarding for interns"
- Inviting them to Slack. When they join Slack, it will trigger an automatic workflow with more onboarding steps You need to be a Slack Workspace Admin to be able to add members.
- Provide information specific to the roles, projects or tasks that they should take on
- Add their Slack account to the relevant project and location channels
- Add their email to email@example.com and other relevant Google Groups
The recruitment workflow comprises 4 steps.
|Applicable to||Team members involved in recruitment|
Form responses (Google Sheets)
Tasks, plans, and ideas for future implementation or consideration
- To insert here